Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can spot it or not, there is a good chance mold is on your property. Mold is something that occurs naturally, although the species of mold that resides in your home or business can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores can travel through the air and enter buildings through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a residence on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be virtually impossible for you to eliminate mold entering your residence. You need to be worried when mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to rely on who will tell you the strain of mold present is worth the expense. Pair that with an expert that can orchestrate the best way for treatment then carry out the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial abatement services for all types of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement Services
When Paul Davis performs an inspection on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this field. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be a long process. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, it is best to work with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. We offer mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold testing. Mold can cause damage to your dwelling along with major health concerns to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, will adversely affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through the environment it’s found in, this means the longer it remains without treatment in your residence, the worse its effects are. The professionals at Paul Davis can accurately identify the kinds of mold growing in your home and effectively manage treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 basic types of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in people which suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic microbes.
With the range of molds that can reside in structures, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. An expert with Paul Davis can aid in helping make your home healthy and safe from the most damaging molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold that thrives both outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be discovered in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is often found in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This is a large spore mold that deposits in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor mold that enters homes. It spreads in porous, damp areas like textile and wood. Both the indoor and outdoor strains trigger asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least rampant household mold is good, as it’s among the more horrible. Stachybotrys needs excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture like cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is most often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins light brown or pink in color but darkens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, causing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold is found in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a musty odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in both warm and cold areas and migrates rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has a strong reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and spreading in colder weather, Fusarium is pink or coral in color and is most commonly found in a home’s soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms from this mold start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes then progresses to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly green and white. It thrives in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, textiles and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is nearly always found in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Talk to Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might know or suspect you have mold in your home call the team with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation servicing required to eradicate damaging mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.