Can Water Damage Be Harmful?
Water damage can be extremely difficult to detect by the untrained eye. Luckily for homeowners, the professionals from Paul Davis have been well-trained in water damage. Our experts can tackle any level of water damage at extremely affordable rates. Do you have unforeseen water damage on your hands? Don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis. But to catch water damage before it gets worse, property owners must to be able to identify water damage. There are precautionary steps you can take to prevent water damage on your property. The most productive way to tackle water damage is to stop it from occurring.
What Causes Water Damage?
Your home sustains water damage when extra water accumulates in places where it can cause problems. Paul Davis can come to your home to examine water damage as soon as possible. However, you need to know the signs of water damage. If you can avoid water damage altogether, your home will endure for years to come. Both outside elements and appliances from inside your home can cause flooding. Despite how water damage can occur, it’s important to be vigilant. Do you suspect that there is water damage in your home? Look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
Stop Water Damage from Occurring
Are you worried about your home receiving water damages? There are a few preemptive steps that you can take. You can never be too careful. You can do the following to stop water damage from happening:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
Your home can undergo significant damages from a burst or leaking pipe. Call Paul! at 888-473-7769 if you have significant water damages in your home. Your local Paul Davis experts will arrive to your home as soon as they can. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, there’s no water damage too big for Paul Davis to repair.