Protect Your Family from Black Mold
Every homeowner dreads black mold, but do you know why? Black mold (also known as Stachybotrys) likes to grow in moist areas and is most commonly seen around condensation or pools or standing water inside. Spores come into your home through doors, small entrances or tracked on shoes and coats. While most fungus found in your home are harmless, this variety leads to illness if ignored.
Black Mold Poisoning
Black mold is a poisonous species of mold that releases spores. Symptoms include chronic sneezing, eye, nose and throat irritation and rashes. Other symptoms include, chronic fatigue and persistent headaches can all be symptomatic of black mold exposure or black mold poisoning. Nausea, vomiting and bleeding in the lungs and nose are seen in the most severe cases of long term exposure.
More about Mold
Black mold grows quickly, so you should never postpone calling a professional to inspect for mold growth. They can go unnoticed for weeks, and then spring up virtually overnight.
Once mold forms colonies in your living space, it quickly grows and releases toxins that make life difficult for occcupants:
- Mold emits a strong, musty scent that prevents rooms from smelling fresh.
- Mold causes problems for allergy-sensitive individuals, as well as those with asthma, making symptoms flare up.
- Mold can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and trouble breathing.
- Mold toxins can trigger long-lasting inflammation and ongoing cold-like symptoms.
- People with weakened immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare instances, mold toxins can cause neurological issues or even death.
- The more extended the exposure, the more severe the danger.
Unusually humid homes and offices can be subject to mold infestations even if no water damage has occurred. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get a skillful opinion right away.
To get rid of mold, the environment where it flourishes must first be eliminated. Water sources have to be handled, and any remaining moisture must be efficiently dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a dripping roof, burst pipe, or other opening, it isn’t enough to curtail the tide. Moisture can soak out-of-sight areas of your home. Without proper cleanup processes, mold will keep returning to these areas.
If you suspect your home may contain black mold, call Paul Davis today. Our team inspects for presence of black mold before remediation. You can rely on our professionals to eliminate black mold quickly. Keep your family safe, request an inspection for black mold today.