Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can see it or not, chances are there is mold in your residence. Mold is something that occurs naturally, although the type of mold that has spread in your home or property is the real problem. Mold spores travel through the air and enter structures through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also enter a location on pets, clothing and shoes. It can be basically impossible for you to prevent mold encountering your property. You need to be worried as mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to rely on who will tell you the species of mold present is worth the expense. Pair that with an expert that can develop the optimal way to treat it and perform the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection of your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional with a high level of knowledge in this area. Detecting and identifying mold is step one in what can be a long process. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis provides mold removal and remediation services along with basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your house and major health problems for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold can adversely affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through any surface it grows in, meaning the longer it goes without treatment in your property, the worse its effects are. The experts with Paul Davis can accurately identify the species of mold growing in your property and effectively manage treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 general species of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in people which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produce toxic substances.
With the abundance of molds that can be found in structures, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. An expert with Paul Davis will assist with helping make your residence healthy and free from the most insidious molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold that thrives indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be found in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly found in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This large spore mold deposits in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungus easily enters homes. It spreads in damp, porous surfaces such as wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor strains bring about asthma attacks and induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least common household mold is good, as it is among the more terrible. It requires excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. Acremonium is a powdery mold that thrives in a variety of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out light brown or pink in color then darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly allergic responsive mold is responsible for causing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in homes after flooding or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages and carries a dank odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in cold and warm areas and migrates quickly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It reacts strongly with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is commonly found in soft goods and thrives and migrates in cold weather. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move quickly through a home. Symptoms from this mold start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It grows in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, wood and fabric. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is almost always found in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Call Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may know or suspect you have mold in your home call the experts with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation servicing required to eradicate damaging mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.