How to Repair Fire Damage
Fire can cause significant damage to a house. However, many people are unaware of the other harmful elements of a fire. The smell of smoke can overtake your home and possessions, while your walls can be stained by smoke soot. Fires can damage both to your house and your family.
When your cherished possessions are damaged, it can be devastating. Paul Davis understands. That’s why our experts in smoke and soot are here to help restore your damaged possessions. Every Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damages to your house.
How Can I Repair Fire Damage?
Your house can undergo serious soot or smoke damage without a major fire breaking out. Closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t act quickly. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your air conditioning.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to suck out the smoke.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could create unwanted stains.
- Clean hard surfaces with a rag.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing soot remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the experts from Paul Davis. Our smoke remediation services will get your house back to normal sooner rather than later. Our professionals are highly-trained in effective using productive equipment for our smoke remediation cleaning methods. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration costs. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Call the fire damage restoration and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.