How to Clean Up Fire Damage
Fire can be extremely damaging to a home. However, there are many elements of fire, such as smoke and soot, that are just as detrimental. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overtaken by smoke odor, while walls can be stained by smoke soot. Fires can be damaging to both to your family and your home.
At Paul Davis, we understand that your precious keepsakes and memories are at stake. That’s why as fire repair specialists, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your house.
How to Clean Up Fire Damage
Your home can receive serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, smaller kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your AC so smoke won’t spread.
- To push out smokey air, move large fans towards open windows and doors.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could cause unwanted stains.
- Use a rag to wipe down hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls and use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals handle it. The experts from Paul Davis a variety of soot remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Trust Paul Davis
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we’re done with our fire remediation services. Our professionals are specialized in effective smoke repair cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule immediately. Reach out the smoke cleanup and smoke repair services specialists from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll connect you with the franchise closest to you.